The Koleinu Helpline
The Koleinu helpline is available for adult members of the Jewish community.
Monday and Wednesday morning from 9am – 12pm
Tuesday and Thursday evening from 7pm – 10pm
The Koleinu Helpline is being offered as a support service for adult victims of abuse by offering an anonymous phone line where those in need can call to receive help for the emotional pain and stress which is burdening them.
The Koleinu Helpline aims to allow those victims who are either too scared or too ashamed to have an anonymous forum in which to be heard and supported without fear of being judged.
In addition, the caller has control over the conversation. Also the caller may not be ready to go for therapy as they are feeling too overwhelmed or they may feel that therapy is too revealing. As such, the Koleinu volunteer will offer support until the caller is in a better place to seek professional help. The caller does not have to leave his/her home and can call when it is convenient.
An additional benefit is that the caller will be heard immediately so there is no delay in receiving support. The helpline essentially aims to empower the caller to receive the necessary professional help.
- The helpline is anonymous
- The helpline is not a counselling service but rather a support service aimed at eventually directing the caller to the necessary professional help
- The helpline volunteer will listen empathetically and will refrain from being judgmental
- The aim of the helpline volunteer is to reduce the emotional stress and help the caller establish a sense of control
- The helpline volunteer aims to empower the caller and help the caller find solutions to his/her problems
- The helpline does NOT offer face to face counselling but will rather direct the caller to the necessary professional help
- The helpline has an extensive resource base in order to offer the caller a wide range of resources so that they are able to choose the option that best suits their particular circumstances
HOW CAN THE HELPLINE ASSIST A CALLER:
In calling the Koleinu helpline, the caller can expect complete confidentiality and anonymity, empathy, attention, respect and warmth. For the caller, being listened to fully can make all the difference in the world.
011 264 0341